Monday 28 March 2011

Making It Up As I Go Along

I didn't think I was going to get much done today. This morning got sucked up by the humdrum and the necessary. By the time I got back to the house it was well past lunchtime. So then I decided to prioritise. I love doing that because it meant that I didn't bother with housework and concentrated on sewing instead. A girl has to do what a girl has to do!

Once I got going I was on a roll. I looked at the fabrics I got out the other day and now I knew what I was going to do with them - sort of maybe. Needless to say I didn't have a pattern, or a drawing, or anything sensible to work with. But I had an idea. Good enough for me to start cutting fabric.

First came the fussy cutting -


So that I had lots of little rectangles from the fabric -



I matched these up to a selection of blue, pink and red charm squares -



Sewed -


Added a plain border -


Then a contrasting border of pink, blue or red -


And that is how far I have got today. But since I didn't think I was going to get anything crafty done at all I am well and truly pleased. I can happily ignore the hoovering and all that other stuff. It will still be there tomorrow - unfortunately!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.