Friday 4 March 2011

Some Days Just Make You Smile

Some days just make you smile - and today is one of those days. I haven't got one stitch of sewing done. Not had the chance because I seem to have hit the floor running today. But, I have accomplished a lot, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and all that stuff that will make some people roll their eyes with disgust. I love it though.

When the girls and I got to school I saw the first daffodils of the springtime - the first for me personally. I am sure there are lots of people out there who have beat me to the punch but when the air is warming and the sun is shining AND there are daffodils in bloom, well, you just have to smile widely.


Proof that I really did see them!
Back into the car and off to Banbury and what should I see on the way?



No! Not her! Look to the left of her...





It was a good thing that I was on my own because I squealed like a prepubescent girl. I love, love, love new born lambs. It takes a pretty cynical person to not perk right up when you see them bouncing around a field. And I am not particularly cynical. Incredibly naive at times - embarrassingly so. And that was all it took to put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.

I did not get annoyed when the little sewing shop in Banbury only had one spool of the required colour of thread. Happily lugged two boxes holding my book giveaway to the High School for them to distribute. Even made it through a grocery shop without losing my cool.

Came home and made a cake -
Before

After
Put the ribs and wings in the oven to slow roast, made the coleslaw and that was pretty much it - out of time. The school run was due and off I went.

It was a good day. Not productive in terms of crafts but good in terms of general happiness.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.