Monday 19 September 2011

Normal Service Resumes

First, let me please thank everyone who sent me supportive, funny and encouraging emails when I got into my snit the other day. I am fully aware that I threw a complete wobbly, tossed my dummy from the pram and all that. (I still believe there was some justification, of course.) That you not only took the time to read the post but respond was so lovely of you. I have a tonne of emails to reply to but took a day off that for the most part today. In fact, I took a day off just about everything. Sometimes you just need a nap or are in danger of sewing through your finger when you nod off at the machine!

I also forgot to tell you, because I was too busy ranting, that I heard back from 'the quilt shop' on Friday. They say they responded to my first email and that it must have got sent to my spam box. The fact that I do not have a spam box is neither here nor there, they have now responded and there is another FQ in the post. So the squeaky wheel got oiled - or whatever that saying is. I am pleased that they did respond because I would have had to put up a fight out of principle (and I really didn't want to).

So, other than not reply to emails, what did I do today? Well I managed a little sewing , after my nap. I pieced together my hexies. Oh, and more thanks for all the proffered opinions. I went for this in the end.


What swung my decision in the end was Hadley's comment - 'Deffo number 2 - I hate that yellow star - well you did ask! I couldn't stand anyone mullering those DSs!!! '

What can I say? It struck me that no one had hated the choice that was all blue stars but there were strong opinions about that yellow star. This is a doll quilt swap - I went with the safer option on the premise that my partner might have the same strong opinion!


I am really pleased how this went together. It was far easier than I expected and I think it shows off the DS fabrics nicely. I had lovely bits of fabric from Kat but I needed to use them in conjunction with solids to make sure that I didn't run out. Now I have enough for a pieced back and anything else I might dream up (within reason) for an extra.


And that is all I have to report for this peaceful day. I suppose I should have taken a photo of the dining room before the sewing machine and some of the fabric moved back in, and thread ends started hitting the floor again. But it would give you a very false image of how it really is.

Susan

18 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you back to your usual self! I was thinking this morning about your missing FQ but forgot to ask when I commented earlier - glad it's on its way, hope it has a travelling companion! The doll quilt looks wonderful - between you and Lynne's holiday quilt I think an equilateral triangle quilt is definitely going on the 'to do' list! No point in taking a photo of your sewing room when it's masquerading as a dining room - it would only delay the start of sewing and we'd rather see it as it usually is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    Love the hexies...so cute especially with those dark triangles to offset them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee - the DSs look lovely now!

    Glad you are back on track, and good news on the FQ - my yards and yards from the US are still MIA after 3 weeks, so the grump-factor is cranking up and up here! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. its always good for the soul to have a big strop sometimes, get it off your chest and then move on :-) Glad today was better
    Love those hexies

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you are back "normal" your hexies are just fab and the colours are brilliant with the dark blue they just stand out !!
    good news about your fq,still waiting for my stuff posted 29th aug must be traveling with Hadleys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a big strop yesterday and a slightly less major one today (is there a full moon or something?) as my machine is being held hostage in Casablanca! Good to hear you are feeling more your old self and the hexies are looking fab (still like that yellow one though...grump).

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking good! very good indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hexies look great! That Hadley doesn't pull a punch. Thank godness she has great taste :)

    I'm so glad things are looking up for you. Tomorrow will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good choice! I hated the yellow star but in my British way I didn't want to cause offense.

    I've been in a depression and feeling very tired today. I came in from work and had a nap and I now feel better so I empathise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh this looks lovely! I think you made the right choice with the benefit of hindsight (having missed the other post, sorry!) I do love those DS fabrics, they're fab! Glad you are back to normal. Well, as normal as any of us quiltaholics are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hexie design you went for was my favourite of the two options you put up. It looks absolutely marvellous. Im sure your swap partner will love it.

    It's good to hear a happy ending to your FQ dilemma.

    Like Annabella I wonder if it's a full moon or something ..I'm feel like I'm about one comment away from a meltdown this week. Lets hope the feeling passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pleased to hear they are sending you the missing fat quarter.
    Love the hexies and glad you went with that option. The DS fabrics look great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy you are doing better. I really like the hexies...very pretty! Hugs! Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, it may be the safe option, but it sure is pretty :-) I'm sure your DS swap is going to be a big hit. And I'm chuffed you've heard about your missing FQ. Like Hadley my package is still MIA over 3 weeks later... Got a feeling I'm going to be paying customs charges...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh love these hexies - but remember, Hadders is unique! LOL! Glad you've had a relaxing day! You deserved it. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Susan this lovely amazing! I meant to comment on your previous post saying I too didn't like the gold star, but my phone was playing silly buggers and wouldn't let me. Glad you went with the safe option, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well I must be the only one disappointed... that you are back to normal - I love Susan with the wind in her hair, 10 ft tall and stomping big boots on - come back! We need you to sort out world problems!

    Sorry got a bit carried away heehe! Great little Doll Quilt - it sparkles just like you do Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.