Tuesday 29 May 2012

Finally Four

I have finished the stitching on my sample swap items. We won't discuss whether or not the backs are finished. The fronts are and that is good. Because I am starting to panic here. Realising how much stuff I still have to do, and haven't done yet! Why, oh why, do I leave things to the last moment? (Hadley, stop looking smug!)


But things are coming together. I have the items that needed purchasing for my classes, but still have not gone through my stash and chosen fabrics - yet. Maybe tonight. I do have a growing pile of things that need to accompany me stacking up on a toy fabric box. I guess I might not be completely disorganised. Only partly.

Meanwhile, do you ever wonder how your children see you? Because Emily drew a picture of me last night. She wasn't angry at me. That would have explained a lot actually. No, she was laughing so hard she was about to do herself an injury. Too bad she didn't draw it before the Retreat linky party. I could have used it instead of a photograph of me. I am sure you all would have still recognised me.

Hairy chin?!?!

My daughter is so lovely!

Susan

23 comments:

  1. I'm not panicking yet - I should be! What happened to your eyes!? Love the Dennis Healey eyebrows - tried threading??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, she did a great job! You look gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeew. Yeah, think child has issues.... ;-) Not prepared at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never mind the chin hair, you have a unibrow ;-).
    Those samplers are looking gooood!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, I am barely prepared, having not seen my supplies list till it was too late!!! Some last minute shopping needed friday afternoon for me I think. Fuuuuuny picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what you are worried about...I would have know that was you straightaway.... :-0 Though I am a little worried what that is coming out of your nose!!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the hoops, but slightly worried about the apparent onset baldness on the head... Of course that's made up for my the extra hair on the eyebrows and chin ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your Hoops Susan! Wouldn't it be great if we were in the same sample swap group and could swap a hoop each?! That picture is so funny - it looks like the BFG!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mum taught that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all! But I love the hoops! I was also thinking how great it would be to swap hoops with Jo! Good luck with the packing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool eyebrows!!!! Very nice embroidery hoops for the Retreat swap - hope you have a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I am not quite there either. I might just be looking a tad worse than your picture as I rush around! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your FQ Retreat embroideries look terrific. Go you!

    Based on Emily’s drawing- you need your eyebrows waxed , badly! And is that snot droplet coming out of your nose?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your embroidered hoops are lovely, but your daughter's picture is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know we can sew on Thursday if you like, or pick fabrics, or whatever. Don't worry it will be fine. That child clearly is the next Picasso or some other modern type, that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's exactly how I look first thing in the morning! Poor Sarah, she's in for a shock! Love your hoops - it will all come together, somehow! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. are you sure she doesn't need glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I told you weeks ago to pluck those hairs on your chin!!! You never listen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. mmmm attractive!!
    See you at the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd recognize that face anywhere (not from the drawing, just kidding). You finished those hoops just in the nic of time

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh good to see someone else is completely unprepared - I ordered fabric yesterday - hope it arrives! Love the portrait - will compare ion Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. nose booger? you're a hottie - sure to recognize you in london then :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've aged beautifully. You could do with an eyebrow wax too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.