Wednesday 6 May 2015

Stuck In The Middle

I want to blog. I want to sew. And I'm caught in the middle here, sewing but not being able to show you, therefore left without things to blog like I would with progress reports when I'm making non-commission stuff. 

And it kind of sucks sometimes. Because I really like what I'm making right now. But I also really like having commissions because they do help pay for things like super nice holidays. 


So here I sit, sewing, and I really think colours are pretty. It's my kind of quilt. I've got sixty six inch blocks lying on my floor right now. I'm at the halfway point in the piecing process. 


And I'm kind of on a roll. Some of my seams and nesting just put me in my happy place. 

When I'm not sewing I'm doing the necessary - which, unless it's baking, I really think you don't want to see. Because cleaning loos is not pretty, or blogable! I'm also working on something else totally different than sewing that I would like to tell you about eventually, but because it is a new thing for me and I'm insecure I'm going wait until I finish it and like it enough (and am having a super confident day) before I tell you about it. But I will eventually, though it is a big project and will take a while. 

Finally, I went off to the canal with himself and Helen on the holiday Monday just past and a hilarious thing happened with cows, their apparent fascination with the canoe and kayak my two were in and culminated with a cow deciding the canal was a good place to be (I kid you not) and I didn't even have my freaking phone with me to take a picture. So you'll have to trust me, it was really funny. And would have made a great blog post, if I had pictures. 

Hope life is going good for you and I find some time to make some things that I can show you. Because that's the best bit about this blogging thing. Making stuff, showing my thought process (or lack thereof in some cases) and watching makes go from a few pieces of fabric to a finish. 

Susan 


18 comments:

  1. You're right: the colours in your secret sewing are lovely! I can't believe you didn't get a photo of the cow/canoe/kayak thing - just goes to show that you should always have your phone with you!

    P.S. Best of luck with the 'not sewing' thing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very intriguing! I shall wait with baited breath for the non sewing reveal. Can't believe you didn't get a picture of the cow incident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what are you up to other than tipping cows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well , I love a mystery so I'll be waiting eagerly to see the outcome of all your secret stuff. And I have an excellent imagination too so Im well able to see a cow in that canal , and you're right - it IS funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear all about your new 'project'! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lordy .. theres that "Perfect Piecing" once again . . and I see bias edges.
    You take the cow .. sorry . . .cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you had no camera to capture the cows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the cow versus kayak sounds hilarious. There is a beach in Donegal where the cows seem to live on the beach and occasionally have a paddle. Never quite worked out how or why they are there and what they must eat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll look forward to hearing your non-bloggy news :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cow tipping! A whole new career! Look forward to some news soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Intrigued! Looking forward to hearing and seeing more about your commissions and your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're always making such fun projects. Can't wait to find out what the new project is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha ... Love the cow and kayak, my imagination is probably better that a photo! Have you taken up cheese making then!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very intriguing, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait until you can tell us all about it. Love those colours you are sewing with!

    ReplyDelete
  16. excellent nesting -- pretty even from the back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to hearing about your non sewing project. Good luck with it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking forward to hearing about your non sewing project. Good luck with it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.