Tuesday 21 July 2015

A Small Finish

A couple of days ago I finished something, and I forgot to tell you. Oh the mind, it is slipping. 

I have come to the distinct conclusion that the smaller the quilt the longer it takes me to finish it. But Sunday I set aside as the day to finally get my hexie mini done. I finished the hand stitching. Did some simple machine quilting on the low volume. Bound it and therefore this is my little ta-dah moment. 


The colour hexies rather remind me of a river winding its way across the monochrome background. I like the way this one turned out considering I had neither a plan or a direction to head in when I started piecing the rainbow hexies. It just sort of developed on its own. 

The little bits of embroidery were fun to do too. I tried to use as many different stitches as possible to keep it interesting. And it has rather made me want to start a hoop again. 


Maybe I'm due to stitch another sarcasm hoop. I'll have to go have a look at the quotes I've got put aside for future use. I'm sure there is something suitably sarcastic amongst them. 

Susan 



12 comments:

  1. I loved watching this come together on Instagram! very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Ellyn, who posted above, I watched this beauty on Instagram. It's so lovely! Great, great details. Your comment about small items taking longer rang true to me. The little pouches I gravitate to take forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little touches in the background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. is the background fabric from IKEA? anyway, it's so cute. Is this a giveaway or a keeper?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This remind me of maps of the Thames. I could see a large version of this quite happily. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope this one is a pretty just for you for a change!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very cute. Those pops of colour are smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sweet finish! I bet you find a good quote for us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. having got all those fabrics, I now can't think of anything original! I just keep thinking I like what Susan did. Very nice. That's a very unsarcastic comment

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cheery summer project! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that's just really cute. And I love the way you added the embroidery embellishments

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.